Sunday, August 10, 2008

*Shocked*

Brandon Moore got cut? Color me genuinely surprised at that. Too bad he never played as well as he did for that stretch in 06, though something tells me he wasn't given a very fair shot. Here's hoping the move doesn't hurt later on.

As for the (apparent) signing of Spikes, I really don't even know what to think there. Dude's old, but he was pretty dang good in his time. Probably an upgrade over Ulbrich, I guess. Justin Smith seems to think this makes the 9ers' MLBs one of the top groups in the league. Innnteresting.

Just another note on the PS game: I never mentioned the defense. Harris looked quite good on the 2 bombs he defended, and overall the first unit looked like it was generating pretty good pressure on the QB. I loved seeing a sack early on. I guess I didn't mention them because they are who I thought they were: pretty good.

Final note: I really hope Smith starts the next game. I know some of his throws were off, but he had that GREAT completion to Ziegler, which was promptly fumbled away, and then he was done. I'm being SUCH a homer here, but what can I say? I want to see him play more.


Dude's out!



Dude's in?