Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I love el jeffe, but...

would it really be a great idea to have him play here? I'm sorry, but I do not understand this at all:

At 38, Garcia would have to cram but he could get up to speed in Martz's offense in relatively short order - enough time for the regular-season opener against the Cardinals on Sept. 7.


Not sure about anyone else, but when I read this, my first reaction was "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE GOD NO!11!1!1!"

Like I said, I love Jeff Garcia and everything, but the niners ain't the Vikings. It's not a case of "get yourself a decent QB and you probably go to the super bowl". The upside of getting Garcia would be extremely small- you're basically destroying your future to have a chance to maybe win 2 or 3 more games this year. This is a move Brian Sabean would make.

This is Alex's pivitol now-or-never season. Why in the world would you trade for a 38 year-old QB who has, at most, 2 seasons left? Who has zero experience in this very complex offense? I havn't ruled out the fact that Maiocco is just being sentimental here, but it's still worrying, especially with the monkeys in charge of the team. :0

Also: how pathetic are the Raiders and their fans? Sure, it's only preseason, but you seriously couldn't sell the game out? Good grief. Maybe Javon Walker will retire in shame. Not sure about anyone else, but I'll be hunched over my computer listening to Starkey. And desperatly trying to find someone who's streaming the game, if at all possible.

COUNTDOWN TO (niner) FOOTBAL BEING PLAYED ON AN ACTUAL FIELD: 3 Days