Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hrm...

Well, I really don't know what to think after that game. I sure was expecting more from the offense, I know that much. Lemme first say: I like Josh Morgan. A lot. I was not expecting him to look THAT good. Also: Jason Hill cannot effing catch anything. Off the top of my head I can remember 1 perfect TD pass over coverage that he dropped, and another first down that he dropped- both of which hit him in the hands.

19 runs, 37 passes- that's a lot. Hill had over half of them, though. Here's one person's opinion on the QBs:

O'Sullivan- Really? This guy has the best understanding of the offense? From what I saw, he did not look all that comfortable. The INT was pretty horrible, and the fumble...well I guess he's just not mobile. And his arm sure didn't look very strong. That said, he did have some nice completions to Morgan down the field.

Smith- Am I just being a stupid homer for thinking he looked pretty OK? I was wishing he could have stayed out there longer. He escaped pressure very nicely a couple times, times when he probably would have taken a sack in previous years. But again- I could be being a stupid homer here.

Hill- Is he allergic to throwing off his front foot? Some nice quick passes, but we all know he doesn't have a strong arm, and that's what caused the INT.

I have to admit, I was not paying 100% attention to the game, what with Zito pitching for the Giants and everything, so my takes may be off by quite a bit, but the offense did not look markedly improved to me. No TDs. In fact, the 49ers are the only team in the NFL to not score at least 10 points in their first preseason game. That is not encouraging right now.

We did know that there would be growing pains while the new offense was put in, but on the very first effing drive they ran a dive play on 3rd and 1- that is classic Hos shyte right there. I, sir, am not impressed. Let's see what next week brings, please.

BTW, if you're like me and don't have access to the live games, this guy will be streaming niner games all season, at least that's what he told me. Worked pretty good last night. (May only be availble during the games, though.)