Monday, August 19, 2013

Whoa!

WHOA!

no, really, WHOAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     AJ, we hardly knew ye. Holy S. I guess I shouldn't be this shocked, but here we are, I'm dumbfounded. I figured the guy just needed a little more time to figure stuff out, but BOOM goes the Baalke and he is gone. That's incredible.


     This team hasn't had much success drafting in that area of the first round, first Balmer and now this guy. Both of them were traded within in a year and a half of being selected. That's not really a good sign for a first round pick. If the front office is willing to just completely ship the guy out of town, what does that say about his prospects? I say that for both Jenkins and Baldwin. I have no idea what to think about the trade, other than "GO JON BALDWIN!"

     My only opinion on Baldwin is that I friggen loved that guy in Madden. I always traded for him immediately because of his size and speed. If those things are real in real life, he could be real interesting. He's definitely big and strong. He struggles to catch the ball, though, which isn't a great quality in a WR. I'll say this though- he is the anti AJ Jenkins. That's what makes this trade interesting. He's 6'4, 230 lbs. AJ Jenkins is 6', 190. If Baldwin can cure the dropsies, then the 49ers will truly have 2 WRs on the outside who can stick it to Seattle and their holding, roid-infested DBs.

     Once again, WHOA. This is kind of crazy. I kind of love the deal at first blush, but we'll see. The Chiefs and 49ers must be members of the mutual admiration society with the way they swap players and picks.