Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Colin Kaepernick is going to throw for 2 hundred billion yards

"Colin has come a long way. Last year, when he first got the starting job, we'd be back at practice and he'd just keep overthrowing me," said Davis said, who caught a team-high seven passes during 11-on-11 work. "I'd be running as fast as I possibly could, and Colin just kept overthrowing me.
"Now, we get out there and it's like night and day. He's putting balls right there. Man, he's come a long way. I'm very impressed with Colin right now."

     That's Vernon Davis talking. Last year, when he was taking the league by storm, he was underperforming in practice. Well, maybe not "underperforming", but was not as accurate perhaps as one would like one's starting quarterback to be. I can't look at how he played last year, combine that with the positively GLOWING reports we've read about him all off-season, and come away with any impression other than that he is going to absolutely friggen explode this year.

     This is hyperbole, I admit, but he is what people always wanted Mike Vick to be. Not as transcendent of an athlete, maybe, but he is so athletic that you have to fear that on every single play. The catch is that he can throw the ball on par with the Rodgerses and Breeses and Bradeys of the world. 40 yard strikes that are right on target, and, if practice reports are to be believed, he's now able to throw touch passes with incredible accuracy. I'm trying to be restrained here, because my unbridled optimism has led to many disappointments in the past. That said, I can't honestly look at the facts as they have been presented and come away with any impression other than this: Colin Kaepernick is a BAMF and is going to set the league on fire...again.

Pretty glad I have him in my keeper league... We'll be seeing a lot more of this:


AJ Jenkins....*shakes head*

     From that same article: 

The only receivers who did not catch passes were Lavelle Hawkins and A.J. Jenkins. Hawkins had a reception for the scout-team offense in a 7-on-7 drill. Jenkins, who appeared to take fewer reps than he did during the first two weeks of practices, did not catch a pass on the day. He caught only one pass in Sunday's practice.

     Ugh.