Saturday, August 10, 2013

Oh Hey, Football!

     Wow, that was ugly. The starters looked great, let's just hope nobody on the offensive line goes down and that Kaepernick continues to slide and stay healthy all season because dear god Colt McCoy please no.

     The WR situation is a total mess. If Collie is healthy, it'll be him, Boldin, and ? Hopefully AJ Jenkins decided to remember he's getting paid to play football and shows up at some point. Otherwise, the pickings are really really slim behind Boldin and Davis.

   

     If I were a betting man, I'd go lay some cash on KC to beat Denver for the division. I bet you'd get pretty good odds, and I think it's going to happen. Alex looked positively Utah-ian in his one drive, led them right down the field doing what he does best and they punched it in easily. I know it's preseason, I know it's the Saints defense, yes yes yes.

     I'm not crazy, though. The Chiefs had 6 Pro Bowl players last year (Only one was an injury replacement). For comparison, the 49ers had 9. The Chiefs have a lot of talent, and now they have a quarterback who matches Andy Reid's style perfectly. Everyone loves to bash Andy Reid, but the guy knows his way around an offense. Pick the Chiefs this year and win. We saw this same EXACT THING happen in SF when Harbaugh took over.