Monday, October 31, 2011

Never In Doubt

I have to say first of all: Wow, the Browns really suck. Wow. I was having flashbacks to 2007 when I was watching their offense. I used to think Colt McCoy was good, but the more I see of him it certainly appears that that isn't the case. Course, they have nobody to throw to, so that doesn't help.

In regards to the 49ers, I'm not really that concerned that they kind of shut it down in the 2nd half. It seems to me that Harbaugh was almost coasting until the Browns made a play, and then he decided to start running the real offense again or something. Either that or he was able to counter the adjustments that the Browns made. Either way, it's to the point now where I have 100% confidence in this team to close out games on a regular basis. Yesterday's game sure wasn't pretty, but it was nice to see them once again coming up big when they needed to, and dominating a game at the end.

This version of Alex Smith has maybe a 45 deep accuracy rating in Madden. Just imagine if he could have hit on 1 or 2 of those deep passes that were *nowhere near* their target. Blarg. I like him, and obviously the team can be successful with him leading them, but if they had a guy who could hit on deep throws with more regularity, this offense would be legitimately scary instead of just utilitarian and functional.

And let me just take this moment to laugh in the face of everyone who thought Aldon Smith was a bad pick. I trusted Harbaugh then, and I certainly trust him now. IDK if it's him or Baalke that get the credit for draft picks, but those guys know what they are doing. Smith looks like a yearly double-digit sack threat, Culliver would appear to be a very good corner (when's the last time a rookie 49ers DB played as well as he has? He should have had another pick Sunday), and Kendall Hunter looks like he will be more than capable of taking over for Gore at the end of the year. A blockbuster first draft for this group.

6 and 1!!!! And I have every reason to believe they will be 7-1 after next week. Washington is really really bad. And the week after that? The Giants, who just barely managed to squeak out a win against the worst team in the league *AT HOME*. 8-1 is a very real possibility, and that would be 8-1 with 5 division games remaining. Good God gentleman! We could be looking at a first round effing bye for the effing FORTY NINERS. I would say we deserve it after the last 10 years. This is quite the season.

WHOOOOOOOOO'S GOT IT BETTER THAN US!?