Thursday, September 4, 2008

GOOOOOOOOO JTOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and predicitions)

Ok, so I admit it. I am almost completely flip-flopping on one Mr. John Thomas O'Sullivan. Do I think he's better than Alex Smith? No. Do I think he's better right here, right now than Alex Smith? Most definitely.

I don't understand my initial hatred of the guy; he's the kind of guy everyone should root for. A 6th round pick journeyman who's never quite caught on anywhere. He was even a niner fan as a kid! It sorta sounds like Jeff Garcia to me. Maybe O'Sullivan is the Garcia to Smith's Druckenmiller? No, that's a moronic thing to say. But still, why not pull for the guy? He's a great story!

The frustrating thing to me was that Smith got basically no first-team snaps in the offense, an offense that he needs to learn. However, even Mike Martz, the guy who lobbied for O'Sullivan, is suprised at how well J.T. is playing.

So here's what we hope for: O'Sullivan gets a few wins, then sustains a mildly serious but not in any way career threatening injury right around week 7, then Smith gets his chance to show what he's got before his possible final year here is up. I don't know about anyone else, but I do not want Smith walking away from the team having never had a chance to show his stuff this season, and from what I read, neither does McCloughan.

Meaningless Prediction Time!!!!!111!

I did this last year, and came up
with 3-2 at the bye, and 10-6 for the season. ESPN has recently called me for a job opening, as I'm still better than anyone that works there *rimshot*

Anyways, the more sensible, practical me this year is looking at the schedule, and is seeing the following: 3- 5 at the bye, with wins against Arizona, Detroit, and Seattle at home. For the season, it's looking like a possible 8-8, but more likely 7-9, with wins probably coming against STL (either at home or in St. Louis, but I don't see a sweep), Buffalo, New York (FU Fav-rah), and Miami. The last game against Washington at home looks to be the game that makes the difference between yet another losing season or just a mediocre one.

Now the question becomes: is 8-8 or 7-9 good enough to save Nolan's job? Will he be fired? Will the offense out perform my ridiculously low expectations? Will Bryant Johnson make me look like a genius for drafting him in the 12th round in fantasy football? These and many more questions will be answered starting in THREE SHORT DAYS!!!!11!!1!!!1!!

ed note: I'm going to be out of town for week 1, so that sucks. I'll be back Sunday night and will hopefully be in a good mood, celebrating a nice victory over the Tardz. Have fun without me!11!!