Monday, September 8, 2008

F*ck you, 49ers


How awful were the 49ers yesterday? How freaking bad will it get? Mike Nolan is completely incapable of preparing his team to play on Sundays. And this was at home!

First off, I would bet money that Mike Nolan never had his team practice short kickoffs, or ever even thought about them once in training camp. He prefers to put his players in a position where they can't succeed. Or, more accurately, he trains them wrong on purpose.

When your coaching philosophy tolerates spotting points to opposing teams early in the game (this is a CONSTANT theme that has yet to be corrected throughout these miserable Nolan years), how much more of the same will it take for ownership to fire the idiot with said coaching philosophy? (I am aware that ownership is a big part of the problem).

I can hear the pollyannas now:

Oooh, look, we outgained the Cardinals. (BFD look at TOP and GFY)

Give JT O'Sullivan a chance. He showed some promise. (I guess you didn't see the perfect Favre-like interception he threw? If he had tucked and slid the first down is his easily! And the fumbles...no wonder no one wanted this guy at QB

Hey, if you give up 5 turnovers, it's difficult to win. (I concur. Why is Zak Keasey on this team?)

Frank Gore looked great . (that's because he is great. Too bad Nolan can't figure out how to get his defense off the field on third and long, so Gore can do his thing.)

And it gets worse. The second half was unadulterated 49er fan torture. I guess it's no surprise that this team finds new ways to lose every year. I feel like the 49ers should compensate me for those 90 minutes in the second half that I will never get back. How in the hell do you tolerate getting absolutely manhandled by the Arizona Cardinals?

And if you thought the boring offenses of the last 4 years were bad, you're going to love the "no offense" of 2008.

Wasn't it two years ago Nolan talked about getting more physical players, so his team wouldn't be bullied by those big meanies from Arizona? (I know, I'm laughing, too). Epic fail, Nolan. 37 minutes. Those are Madden numbers.

Fire Mike Nolan. I know this means a Mike Martz-led 49ers, and I vomit a little at the thought, but Mike Nolan is the problem. The Niners were outhit, outplayed, and most definitely outcoached. Again.