Sunday, November 20, 2011

Here's to no more depressing Sundays

It didn't look good to start. But when you can not look good and still win by 16, you're doing something right.

I've been wondering if Kyle Williams deserved a shot. He looked good today against a sub-par team, but Braylon Edwards was playing against the same defense and didn't make plays. I'd like to see him get some more action in the future, he's an interesting talent.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else to say about this game. I figured it would be a relatively easy win, and it was. The Liability once again proved that he isn't one. Arizona's offense was hilarious to watch. That was us last year. Well, I guess that was us in 07 actually. It was really really really fun to have the team with less than 100 yards after a full half be the OPPONENT, and not the team we were rooting for. This season has had a lot of those moments.

Remember all those years where we'd suffer through loss after loss? How we'd have to make 4 or 5 wins nourish us over the course of an entire season? Most sundays for me were spent in a deep, dark depression while I watched highlights of teams that actually knew what they were doing. It was not fun. But I couldn't not watch. Every week.

This year, there's been exactly one of those Sundays, and even that was a game they should have won. It's been incredible. Every Sunday this season has been spent in exuberant joy, soaking in all the stories the NFL has to offer without the dark cloud of my own team losing 5, 6, 7, and 8 games in a row. It really does make up for all of those depressed sundays. It has been so much fun. And judging by the way Harbaugh operates, we should have at the very least 4 more of these joyful Sundays over the final 6 weeks. Hell, maybe all 6 will be fun. This team could beat Pittsburgh and Baltimore for sure. That's something I never would have said 12 months ago.

9-1! And the Packers showed maybe the slightest bit of a chink in their armor today. I think they'll go 16-0, but that defense could come back to haunt them. I'm a big Lions fan this week. NINE AND ONE!!