Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome

Things get weird in the Metrodome. My typical Niner fan cynicism/skepticism is tingling, my mind replaying that Favre pass over and over again (speaking of which, Michael Erler had an excellent game preview this week).

Yet there is plenty of evidence it's obvious Jim Harbaugh is a coaching genius, and in the real dimension (not my mind's) there is nothing to really get worked up about. Except, I guess, dropped passes (according to several dozen posts on Niners Nation).

Perhaps I should worry more about annoying nepotism beneficiary Grant Cohn picking the Niners to win big (his predictions are generally as reliable as legendarily inaccurate nepotism beneficiary Bill Kristol). Eh, even that isn't very scary (Grant, not Bill. Bill is very scary). I know the Niners will outcoach get outcoached and outhit get outhit by the Vikings, and spawn of the "Cohn Zohn" is probably underestimating tragically overestimating the final score.

I guess Jared Allen's questionable jump scares me the most, since that guy can really fuck up a game plan. Questionable because he gets away with (figurative) murder in that dome.

Update: Niners got punched in the mouth by a better prepared team and a hot QB. Niners fans richly deserve this one for anointing this team after two games. When the Fox pregame guy called the Niners an "Elite" team, well, let's just say if I were Greggg Easterbrook I would have written 'game over' in my notebook.

And now the 49ers get to hang out in Youngstown Ohio. I kind of feel bad for the team, but not too much, after all they believed their own hype all week. I hope they remember Christian Ponder's smirk and get really pissed.

Update 2: I mean I feel bad for the team for having to spend a week in Youngstown, not for losing. They oh so deserved that one.