Saturday, December 24, 2011

Oh Dear

I can't take much more of this. Holy shit. I think I really hate Seattle now. I mean, like, everything about that goddamn city. Jesus christ what a bunch of cheap shot artists. My vocal cords are completely fried, and I think I'm going to be dead of multiple myocardial infarctions before the night is through. If this is how I reacted to a regular season game, WTF am I going to do in the playoffs?! Dear god.

Their defense is good, so it's tough to knock the 49ers' offense too much. I really enjoyed how they obviously made changes at halftime. I'm still not completely used to how professional this coaching staff is: they saw what they were doing in the 1st half was absolutely not working, fixed it, then drove right down the field when they needed to. Vernon Davis finally started making plays he should make, which was nice. I think he made his first 2 sideline catches EVER on that drive, and they were both oh so pretty.

This game was crystal clear evidence that the 49ers will really really struggle if their formula for winning gets effed with. If their run defense isn't rock-solid, they're in trouble. If they start making big mistakes on special teams, they are absolutely screwed. That blocked punt looked like it would be a dagger, and all through the first half the special teams were making stupid penalties we're just not used to seeing from them. Before that blocked punt, it was readily apparent that Tavaris Jackson was still Tavaris Jackson, and that the Seahawks were not going to score any more points.

That's an uncomfortable situation for me. I don't like having to rely on something to be nearly perfect in order for them to win, but sadly that's the reality until their offense gets better. I guess the good news is that the teams they will most likely face in the playoffs have worse special teams than the Seahawks.

I'm not sure if it's a super bowl winning formula or not, but I do know that they match up well against the Saints and Packers, and I'm looking forward to seeing those games alone in my home so that my friends and family don't have to be put through the way I'm going to act during those games. I'm already doing vocal exercises so I'll still be able to speak after them.