Sunday, December 20, 2009

Football sucks

I'd come to terms with it. I'd accepted 8-8, mediocrity, middle-of-the-road. I KNEW this was going to happen. I KNEW IT AFTER THE FUCKING COLTS GAME FOR GOD'S SAKE. The Eagles are super bowl contenders- there was no way the 49ers were going to beat them at home.

And yet, this game made me angrier to watch than any other game this season. WHY?!?!? What the hell did we have any reason to expect?? I hate football for doing this to me every week, and and every year. Of course, that's easy to say on a Sunday after my team has been humiliated.

Next sunday I'll be right back there, watching them play down to their competition and probably blowing a game they should win. It's honestly starting to make me wonder why I bother investing my time in this shit. Is there hope of getting better? Sure, but there is every year. Are things different this offseason than they ever have been? Sure, but they are every year.

Every year you can find SOMEthing that's different, something that gives you hope that next year will be better, NEXT year will be worth watching!

But WILL it?

I don't think I'll ever be able to get to the point where I honestly don't care- I'm sure none of us as fans could envision that day where we REALLY don't care about the team either way. But god damn, they are really pissing me off, and I'm not entirely sure what they need to do to get better. Coaching? New players? I honestly believe this team has enough raw talent to be a playoff team. So WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM?

I guess all we can hope for is offensive continuity for the first time in 7 years, an improved offensive line, and an improved pass rush. But pardon me if I'm not 100% sure those things will actually happen.

After all, it hasn't before, so why should we continue to believe that NEXT year will be different?

All I'm left with now is rooting against the Vikings with every fiber of my being. God I hate them.