Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ridiculous, glowing optimism

From me? NEVER!

The way this whole Crabtree thing was handled just renews my faith in the direction this organization is going 100 times over. They stuck to their guns, waited it out, and in the end got pretty much what they wanted: the best WR in last year's draft, and at a price that was fair for where he was picked.

Scot and Paraag look like they are the real deals. They know what it is they're doing and they do it soooo freaking well. Obviously it would have been nicer if it had gotten done sooner, but I really feel good about the way this was handled. It doesn't give me that "oh my god we totally screwed that up" feeling I've gotten so many times before from watching Brian Sabean operate.

And for everyone that thinks Crabtree is a "diva", from everything he's said in interviews it doesn't even appear that he's on VD's level, let alone TO. I'm pretty sure Sing will be able to handle the guy. I can't wait for the Texans game.

Update: here's some more info on the contract

Update update: I also now get to bust this baby out in public without embarrassment (had it since May):