Saturday, May 3, 2008

Man-Child Davis

I love how the 49ers' resident man-child, Vernon Davis, gives it his all on the field. In May.

I think any niners fan has to wonder if VD will ever "get it". He had a quietly competent season in '07, but value-wise, I think fans could argue endlessly (mistaceo-style) over his status as first round "bust".

We talk about 2008 as the make or break year for Alex Smith. That's fine, but he isn't even the starter at the moment. I think it's time for VD to shed his University of Steroidland persona and become one of those impact guys everyone is always yelling about.

Okay, that's all the fan-talk I can summon right now. VD is an idiot. This we know. It's do or die for this fool. Even my favorite player in the NFL, Captain Chaos, thinks VD is overpaid and underperforming.


Various minicamp reports describe the man-child Davis tusseling with with Parys Haralson.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Also comforting: Davis believes Martz has never had a TE "of his stature" before. I'm REEL convinced he's ready to stop showing off....*gulp*

jrice80 said...

Sorry just had to laugh a(t
mistaceo-style)
that was great.